Frequently Asked Questions
1. What should my child wear to class?
Your child can wear leotards, shorts, or t-shirts with no socks or shoes on the equipment. There is to be no jewelry, and long hair should be tied back.
2. What should I do if my Sky-Tot or Beginner has trouble detaching from me (the parent/guardian)?
The first class we do not mind if you accompany your child to the floor for the beginning lesson. As the lesson progresses, we ask that you remove yourself from the equipment areas and let the instructors take your child. We understand that all children are different, and we do appreciate those special situations.
3. What do I do while I wait for my child?
After dropping off your child for class, please refrain from waiting in the gym. We have chairs in the hallway and cafeteria for parents to wait. Also, please keep non-participating children off the equipment while classes are in session.
4. Where do I park?
You can park in the front parking lot of Stone Spring Elementary School.
5. Who do I ask questions to about my child’s development or if I have a concern with the program?
Please do not ask the teacher that is with your child on the equipment during class time. If there is a question or concern, please ask the directors, Michael King or Jill Dean. We will gather needed information about your child’s development and respond to your concerns.
6. What if there is bad weather and the classes are canceled?
If there is a weather-related reason for canceling a Saturday class, we will announce it on our home page. We will then try to make up the class on an available Saturday, or we will give each student a voucher good for one class during the course of the year. We ask that you bring the voucher to the appropriate class registration, so we can make the fee adjustments that are needed.
7. I have several children who all want to take classes. Do you offer a discount for multiple family members?
Yes, there is a family discount of $5 per child.
8. How do I confirm for classes?
Lists will be posted online, and registration will close a week before classes begin. If classes are filled up there will be a waiting list and you will be contacted. If we receive your information the week of classes there is no guarantee your child will get in the class. Please contact one of the directors for further questions.